Friday, October 15, 2010

LeTTeRS aSSiGNMeNT

"e" is for...

LLLeopard

Wunning Wildebeest

Nuttin' but a "g" thang, bush baaaaby.

EBRA

ReFLeCTiVe eSSaY:
I had way too much fun with this assignment. I wanted to play with the idea of eluding to different African animals using text or using animal forms to interact with or mimic certain letters. I like to call my creations "alphabeasts"!

I have no preferance towards either serif or sans-serif fonts. I just chose whichever worked best with each piece. I rasterized all of the text so it was easier to manipulate. My favorite composition is the first one. Using "e"s to shade the elephant was a bit frustrating, but overall enjoyable...after Miles helped me figure out the clone stamp tool, of corse. I had a difficult time with the wildebeest piece. Making those complicated selections was, well...complicated. My approach towards color and composition worked well for the assignment, I feel. The pieces are cohesive, for the most part.

Creating my alphabeasts was overall a rewarding experience. I hope others enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment